We’ve recently added an Organic Recipe Box to the blog. The recipes will come from various places such as myself, Food and Wine, as well as other chefs whose food we enjoy. We will be adding new recipes to the box every week, so keep checking back for new ones!
Aside from our recipe box, I thought that I would share some of my favorite cookbooks that have never failed me a ‘chef’.
- The Jimtown Store Cookbook by Carrie Brown and John Werner. *This is by far my favorite cookbook. EVERYTHING in this one is amazing and turns out perfectly. I highly recommend it! And, if you are ever in Alexander Valley, California, stop by the shop where they make and sell many of the actual recipes.
- Forever Summer by Nigella Lawson. *Refreshing and lite recipes using summer ingredients such as tomatoes and watermelon
- How to Eat: The Pleasures and Principles of Good Food by Nigella Lawson *This cookbook reads more like a novel. Nigella does well to explain the how’s and why’s of what she’s cooking before each recipe. It is very informative with great recipes
- The Ballymaloe Cookbook by Myrtle Allen * Picked this up on one of my trips to Ireland. The recipes are perfect examples of hearty and warm Irish cooking. Perfect for Winter Cooking!
- Joie de Vivre by Robert Arbor and Katherine Whiteside. *The author has a few restaurants around the city called Le Gamin. This book tries to explain the French ‘joie de vivre’ or the French way of life. Their recipes are very simple and just plain good. I especially like the Tomato Provencal recipe (a great way to use tomatoes before they go out for the season).
Enjoy these recommendations and keep an eye on our recipe Box for new recipes posted each week!