From Sharon Martin:
- 1 slice of bread (oat, whole wheat, white) per person
- 1 large egg per person
- 1 T. butter
- Heat griddle to med. heat. While the griddle is heating, take a circle cookie cutter (or the rim of a glass) and cut a hole in the center of the bread.
- Add butter to griddle, melt
- Place bread slice onto buttered griddle
- Crack egg directly into hole in bread and cook for 3 minutes on each side
I do not have a circle cutter, but I use the rim of a glass to achieve the same size circle cut out. You just have to press down a bit more to cut through the whole slice of bread.