This is my simple, go-to pantry item soup. This gives you a warm, filling soup in under twenty minutes.
From Sharon Martin
- 4 T. olive oil
- 7 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 cans of cannellini beans
- 5 C. chicken or vegetable stock
- 3 T. parsley
- 1 can tomato sauce (optional)
- 1/2 C. Parmesan cheese + rind* (optional)
In a large saucepan, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add garlic and saute for 1 minute. Add beans, stock, parsley, elbow macaroni and optional can of tomato sauce. Simmer for 10 minutes. Stir in Parmesan and serve.
I always save my parmesan rinds in a plastic bag in the freezer. They are perfect for adding another depth of flavor to soups such as this one.